Surpriaingly light and festive, this rainbow gelatin cake is a sure fire way to make everyone smile!Read More
A nostalgic cake recipe that tastes like a childhood favorite treat: Suzy-Qs
Meet Jill KashgagianRead More
Want to know how to save 20% on a fab fall purchase of Besame Cosmetics? Read more!
Meet our master stylist, Tom St. GermainRead More
See what some of the Suite Tart staff members suggest for your beach bag!Read More
Learn what your hair experts are tossing into their summer satchel!
Is it time to cut bangs???
I've been in the hair industry for over 22 years and this is still something I struggle with! Its at least once a year that I regret a choice that was made, or I'm talking myself into toughing out a grow out, or I'm convinced its TIME to do it again!
So, just what does one take into account in this process? Here are my personal criteria for a big hair change:
- Do I have a major life change happening? I always want bangs when I'm in a moment of chaos.
- Pick out some great fringe photos, pin them to the wall and think on it for a week or two.
- What season is coming up? Will I be more active? Will I be likely to blow out my bangs and make give the cut the attention it deserves?
- Factor in that summer is really sweaty. I usually wait till fall. Products like the Alfa Parf Humidity Blocker can really change your day.
- Have I had the same old style for too long?
- Cut it. It grows back
- Has my health changed?
- Many health changes can change our hair! Things like anesthesia, vitamin D deficiency, pregnancy, thyroid issues, and stress can have a huge effect on our tresses. The Plumping Set from Kevin Murphy is designed to help your follicles recover from all sorts of chemical and physical stress factors. Start with your stylist, but follow up with your doctor.
- Are my curls a challenge?
- OK, this is a big one. Bangs can be great on curly hair! But summer can make any styling session stressful. If you really have to have it NOW, I would suggest a great smoothing treatment. Your stylist will advise you if a relaxer or a keratin treatment is the way to go.
The best thing about hair is that it is a renewable resource! No matter what you choose, there are a million different ways to style, pin, twist, accessorize, blow out, iron, and coif. Take some chances, enjoy every millimeter that serves you. Whether you like it long or short, the biggest regrets I hear are from folks that never tried something new.
I hope this has been helpful! Looking forward to seeing you in the salon!
That! Is the question.
- What's a curling wand?
- How do you get your ends to not bend the wrong way?
- What the heck are the merits of a heat glove?
These are just a few of the questions we get all of the time here at Suite Tart! In our video below (come back after 6pm EST) we will be discussing and demonstrating some "real life" methods for perfecting your hairstyle.
Need a new iron? Shop with us here!
Here's a great example of open ended curls, by Savanna, from our INSTAGRAM PAGE
Spring has finally sprung!
We aren't sure about you fine folks, but we sure are grateful for this delightful shift of the season! Our gardens are getting freshened up, we are cleaning out corners, and our photo studio is getting a great makeover! The cherry is in bloom, and I'm reminded that this symbol of renewal is particularly poignant this year. Our daffodils are shining, and there's lots of new shoots standing tall in our gardens.
Even more exciting is that our menu will be expanding in May! There's gonna be a new gal at Suite Tart offering a revolutionary way to bask in the glow of summer! Just like your gardens, this little project is still in its incubation stage, and the anticipation is killing us!!
Hope to see you soon!
We have the best neighbors! Thanks Sam & TJ!
Cherry blossoms are always a welcome sign of renewal!
Ever have one of those days.... you know, those days where you don't really know exactly how to do your hair because you've got to work hard all day, but you need to look fabulous at night.
Allow me to introduce a whole new perspective of fabulous day-to-night styles. In this particular blog post, I'll be introducing you to one of my favorites that is loosely based on a hairstyle I had developed for a Jess Abernethy runway show.
Part of why I love this look is because you can set your hair on damp, clean, or day-old hair. Once the set is in place, wrap a scarf of choice on the edges, go about your day, and then comb it out for an evening transformation. Often, this is a great choice for travel, as a silk scarf will keep you frizz-free while you doze in transit, even overnight! Working harder than that? Choose a cotton scarf to absorb any perspiration.
If you'd like to purchase one of the scarves featured in this video (or check out a few others!), please visit the Suite Tart Etsy Shop! Lots of fabulous, one of a kind items will be listed over the coming weeks.
Every stylist relies on a boar bristle brush. LuLu Locks explains why we love them and some of the things that we count on them for. Videos include live demos of teasing and detangling.
Its all about having the right brush for the job! Choosing a brush is dependent upon your texture, and desired result.Read More
Welcome to our blog and artist spotlight series!